- Grew up in Madison and a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1988.
- Public school teacher since 1995.
- Volunteer and teacher for Literacy Network.
- Neighborhood Activist.
- Erin Thornley
- Fred Arnold, Former City Council President
- Barbara Arnold, Former President of Madison Board of Education
- Four Lakes Green Party
- Progressive Dane
- Equality Wisconsin Inc.
- Jill Johnson, Alder District 16
- Al Matano, County Supervisor District 11
- Heidi Weigleitner, Country Supervisor District 2
- Leland Pan, County Supervisor District 5
- John Hendrick, County Supervisor District 6, County Board Chair
- Dave de Felice, County Supervisor District 16
- Affordable Housing Action Alliance
- Bert Zipperer, Former Alder
- Peggy Coyne, Past President and President Elect MTI
- Elaine DeSmidt, Former County Supervisor District 3
Building Our Community:
- Working to build collaborations across neighborhoods.
- Encouraging a measured and pragmatic approach to future development needs.
- Supporting established and locally owned businesses that cater to the needs of our diverse district.
- Monthly listening sessions for District 3 constituents.
Investing in Families:
- Utilizing current city programs to invest in mentoring our youth.
- Ensuring safe places for children to learn and play.
- Investing in our shared needs such as parks, libraries and green spaces.
- Advocating and collaborating with community partners to build a school to serve our children’s needs.
Cultivating Partnerships for our Future:
- Encouraging local business ventures.
- Stimulate and coordinate balanced development, emphasizing green projects.
- Expanding our tax base by investing in community oriented development.
- Utilizing city resources to promote our neighborhoods as places businesses can thrive.
Protecting our Quality of Life:
- Facilitating partnerships with local law enforcement and broader community to serve our needs.
- Promoting neighborhood involvement regarding safety concerns.
- Encouraging community discussion regarding comprehensive transportation/traffic needs.
- Prioritizing investments in civic infrastructure that contribute to well being of District 3 residents.
Barbara is supported by: